SUMMIT2629™ 5G 28GHz Beamforming Front End IC
The SUMMIT 2629™, an eight-channel RF front-end for 28 GHz, 5G phased array antenna systems fabricated in RF-SOI. The SUMMIT 2629 was designed to address the challenges constraining 5G mmWave performance by:
- Extending the link range to decrease infrastructure costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Reducing power consumption and thermal dissipation.
- Reducing antenna array complexity and overall RF front-end cost.
Operating from 26.5 to 29.5 GHz, the SUMMIT 2629 RFIC integrates power amplifiers (PA), low noise amplifiers, T/R switching, beamformers with beam table memory, calibration, gain control and temperature and power telemetry with a high-speed system peripheral interface (SPI) for control. A single SUMMIT 2629 provides two sets of four channels for two antenna polarizations – a total of eight channels per RFIC.
SUMMIT3741™ 5G 39GHz Beamforming Front End IC
Arriving in Q1 2021
- Four-element Dual-pol. TX/RX with Independent Polarization Beam Directions
- High-Power, High-Efficiency SOI CMOS Power Amplifiers
- State-of-the-art Low-Noise Amplifiers and Low-Loss T/R Switching
- Ultra-low Transmit and Receive-Mode Power Consumption
- 6-bit full-360o Phase Shifting and 0.5dB-step 16dB-range Variable Gain in Each Path
- Fully calibrated for Gain/Phase Matching Across ICs
- Extensive On-chip Temperature and Power Sensing
- On-chip Gain Control for Temperature Compensation
- High-Speed SPI with Large On-Chip Beam Table Storage
- Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Package (WLCSP) compatible with low-cost PCB manufacturing
- Support for Large-Scale Arrays through Multiple Chip-Addressing Modes