SUMMIT2629™ 5G 28GHz Beamforming Front End IC
The SUMMIT 2629™, an eight-channel RF front-end for 28 GHz, 5G phased array antenna systems fabricated in RF-SOI. The SUMMIT 2629 was designed to address the challenges constraining 5G mmWave performance by:
- Extending the link range to decrease infrastructure costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Reducing power consumption and thermal dissipation.
- Reducing antenna array complexity and overall RF front-end cost.
Operating from 26.5 to 29.5 GHz, the SUMMIT 2629 RFIC integrates power amplifiers (PA), low noise amplifiers, T/R switching, beamformers with beam table memory, calibration, gain control and temperature and power telemetry with a high-speed system peripheral interface (SPI) for control. A single SUMMIT 2629 provides two sets of four channels for two antenna polarizations – a total of eight channels per RFIC.
SUMMIT3741™ 5G 39GHz Beamforming Front End IC
The Summit 3741 integrates novel power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, T/R switching, beamformers, calibration, gain control, beam table memory, temperature and power telemetry, and high-speed SPI control for a front-end module with optimal partitioning for 5G infrastructure. The device is suitable for Antenna-in-Package (AiP) implementations, as well as conventional chip-on-board integration through the use of interposers. SUMMIT 3741 also features enhanced and cutting-edge digital integration, uniquely enabled by the GLOBALFOUNDRIES® (GF®) 45RFSOI process, which has inherent advantages over other semiconductor technologies for mmWave applications.
MixComm SUMMIT 3741 product highlights:
- Operation from 37 GHz to 41 GHz
- Four-element dual-polarization TX/RX
- Independent dual-polarization beam directions
- Ultra-low TX- and RX-mode power consumption
- High-power, high efficiency stacked SOI CMOS PAs
- Low-loss T/R switch for TDD support
- 6-bit full-360o phase shifting and 0.5dB-step 16dB- range variable gain in each path
- Fully calibrated for gain/phase matching Across ICs
- On-chip temperature sensor
- Gain control for temperature compensation
- On-chip power sensor for each TX
- Operates from 1V, 1.8V and 4V power supplies
- 100MHz SPI with 2048-entry on-chip beam table storage
- 6-/8-bit chip ID with multiple modes of programming
- Flip-chip die with 75μm bump size and 200μm bump pitch
- Four-element Dual-pol. TX/RX with Independent Polarization Beam Directions
- High-Power, High-Efficiency SOI CMOS Power Amplifiers
- State-of-the-art Low-Noise Amplifiers and Low-Loss T/R Switching
- Ultra-low Transmit and Receive-Mode Power Consumption
- 6-bit full-360o Phase Shifting and 0.5dB-step 16dB-range Variable Gain in Each Path
- Fully calibrated for Gain/Phase Matching Across ICs
- Extensive On-chip Temperature and Power Sensing
- On-chip Gain Control for Temperature Compensation
- High-Speed SPI with Large On-Chip Beam Table Storage
- Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Package (WLCSP) compatible with low-cost PCB manufacturing
- Support for Large-Scale Arrays through Multiple Chip-Addressing Modes